The Slimline Two-Channel Receiver Delivers Audiophile Performance Alongside Advanced HDMI Connectivity and Streaming Capabilities
Marantz®, leading brand and manufacturer of the most musical-sounding audio components, announced the NR1200 high-performance stereo receiver, engineered to deliver exceptionally detailed, high-fidelity music playback from a slim, elegant chassis while including all of the modern features and connectivity consumers demand.
The Marantz NR1200 is an ideal centerpiece for any high-resolution entertainment system. It combines superior audio quality and stable power output to loudspeakers while also offering greater connectivity for audio and video sources. At its heart, the AVR features a newly designed 75 watt per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD) amplification section that boasts discreet left and right channel circuitry to optimize performance. The NR1200 has been engineered throughout using carefully selected audio parts ideally suited for two-channel Hi-Fi performance, including custom-designed power capacitors and dual DACs all extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters.
“We have seen a resurgence in demand for a high-performance two-channel receiver that enables people to enjoy a superior entertainment experience versus a traditional sound bar without making the leap to a multichannel AVR,” said Emmanuel Millot, Sr. Director Brand Management at Sound United. “The NR1200 delivers Marantz’s sonic signature with all of the power and connectivity options consumers and integrators need to get started. Its slim, sophisticated design makes it the perfect bragging piece for any entertaining space.”
Powerful Two-Channel Discreet Amplification
The amplifier circuit design of the NR1200 features separate, symmetrical left and right power amplifier blocks. The power transformer is wired independently to the circuits of the amplifier, preamplifier, tuner and front display, which improves channel separation, reduces crosstalk and preserves purity of audio. Additionally, the stereo receiver features custom-designed power supply capacitors, carefully selected audio parts that are used for Marantz Hi-Fi amplifiers, double differential DAC design, increasing the dynamic range and improving signal to noise ratio. The NR1200 stereo receiver delivers the musical soundstage and sparkling clarity that enthusiasts expect.
Latest HDMI Technology
The NR1200 includes 5 HDMI inputs, each one supporting HDCP 2.3, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through. Plus, ARC (Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of audio from the TV with a single HDMI cable, simplifying overall setup. HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves based upon information provided by the source.
With HEOS Built-in, the NR1200 can get access to almost unlimited music content from internet and can deliver music to any room throughout the home using other HEOS Built-in-capable speakers or electronics for a wireless, whole-home entertainment experience. Users can play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room. Enjoy music from Amazon, Spotify, Pandora, Tidal and more or local music file libraries. In addition, HEOS now supports Spotify Connect streaming for users with free accounts, so listeners can stream music from a mobile device or a computer directly from the Spotify app. Streaming content can be accessed via all popular providers using Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 or the built-in HEOS app.
Integrated Phono Input with HDAM EQ Stage
Vinyl lovers can easily connect their turntable to the NR1200’s phono input and enjoy the purity of classic sound of their entire LP record collection. The advanced phono stage of the Marantz AVR outperforms inferior op-amp solutions, delivering the clarity and detail discerning listeners demand.
Intuitive Voice Control
NR1200 users will have access to effortless voice control from the leading voice agents such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri when paired with compatible Amazon, Apple and Google products. Use verbal commands to initiate music playback, turn the volume up or down, skip to the next track, input selection and more. Users can switch between voice agents or pick a favorite. Functionality varies by voice agent.
Custom Installation Support
The NR1200 is designed with custom integrators in mind. It offers both IP and IR control, web user interface and works with major remote room monitoring and management services, namely OvrC, ihiji Invision and Domotz Pro. The receiver also features L/R main and zone 2 preamp outputs, remote in/out terminals.
Additional Features Include:
· Hi-Res Audio support: Decodes hi-res audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks. Listen to music via the front panel USB port or over network sources.
· Tone Control: Fine-tune treble, bass and balance audio settings for your preference. Access independent Bass, Treble and Balance control knobs on the front panel.
· Speaker A/B functionality with high-grade, gold-plated speaker terminals: Connect 2 pairs of stereo speakers, or use for bi-wiring.
· Easy Set Up and Use: The included Setup Assistant offers clear, graphical on-screen direction.
· Simple Select Buttons: Four Smart Select function buttons on the included remote control store preferred setup. With the push of a button, the NR1200 perfectly configures for any source, from Blu-ray to TV set-top box, to users’ favorite Internet radio station and more.
· Dual Subwoofer Outputs: Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within the listening environment.
· HDMI CEC Functionality: Easily control the NR1200 with a Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with Smart TVs.
· Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with select TV models that also support ALLM.
· The Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS and Android: Provides complete control over the latest Marantz network AV and stereo receivers.
The Marantz NR1200 will be available August 15th for $599 at all authorized Marantz retailers.
The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over 60 years, Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Marantz is a part of Sound United LLC. Additional information is available at www.us.marantz.com.