Join Corey Moss (on location at Shure headquarters) as he welcomes his guest:
Chris Lyons – Sr. Manager, Integrated Systems Marketing at Shure, Inc.
Corey took a Convergent AV Road Trip to Shure headquarters in Niles, IL on Monday March 11th, and was taken on a tour of the facility by Chris.
- Some of Shure’s history, including discussion about founder Sidney N. Shure (there is a history exhibit there)
- Shure’s most historic and famous microphone – the Unidyne
- The well-known SM58, and significance concerning where headquarters is located
- Some of Mr. Shure’s interests aside from audio
- Shure’s anechoic chamber for analysis and testing, used for testing microphones under development along with ongoing verification testing
- Quality and assurance testing rooms – including microphone drop testing, testing for UV and electromagnetic exposure, temperatures, humidity and more
- Wireless microphone and device testing for standards compliance and performance
- Wireless microphone usage and demand
- Axient Digital
- The S.N. Shure Theater
- The Performance Listening Center/Studio (where this podcast was recorded)
- The people at Shure and their ongoing commitment to audio quality and excellence
- The influence of the marketplace for ongoing development, quality testing and assurance
This episode of The AV Tech Trade is on iTunes.
Subscribe and download here.
Pictures by Corey Moss with allowance from Shure.