Council to be a Resource for DSF Members to Support DOOH Advertising Companies, Agencies & Brands
The Digital Signage Federation® (DSF), the only independent not-for-profit trade organization serving the digital signage industry announced today the 2018-19 leadership of the Digital Signage Federation Global Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Council, an affiliate organization with a worldwide purview specifically to support the needs of companies involved in the intersection between out-of-home advertising and the digital signage industry.
The primary objective of the DSF Global Digital Out-of-Home Council is to provide a resource for DSF members to build their capacity to support out-of-home advertising companies, agencies, and brands. Much of this capacity will be developed through conformity of analytics, ad buying, and technology deployment. The group will work on achievable goals in 2018-19, including:
- Identifying gaps in the commercial relations between out of home advertisers and digital signage networks and plan for ways to bridge these gaps using the platform of the DSF;
- Adoption of existing industry standards and practices, all of which will be communicated to DSF members;
- Creating professional development resources for the digital signage industry to provide a broad understanding of ad buying practices; this will include the development of the Digital Out-of-Home Summit before DSE in March 2019;
- Working with related industry associations to collaborate on aligning the goals of signage technology and out of home advertisers; and
- Creating an environment where qualified digital signage suppliers and networks can support the business interests of advertisers.
The 2018-2019 Council Members are:
Global Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Council Co-Chairs
- Sheldon Silverman / CEO and Founder, SmartBomb Media Group
- Kym Frank / President, Geopath
- Michael Cooper / Global President & CEO, Rapport Worldwide
- Matthew Hurwitz / Manager, International Creative Advertising, Sony Pictures
- David Krupp / President & COO, Billups
- Susan Danaher / Founder, The Danaher Group
- Jeffrey Martin / President & CEO, Right Media Solutions
- Travis Macionsky / VP, Director, Horizon Media
- Joel Braswell / Sr. Manager, Connections Planning, Coca-Cola
- Michael Provenzano / Founder & CEO, Vistar Media
- Chad Stoller / EVP, Global Chief Innovation Officer, UM Worlwide
- Paula Fernandez / Global Head of Data and Technology, Kinetic – UK
- Guillermo De Lella / Groupo Alsur – Argentina
- Fernando Mayorga / Chief Technology Officer – livedooh GmbH – Germany
- Ichiro T. Jinnai / Director, Out-of-Home Media Services Division – Dentsu Inc. – Japan
- Joe Copley / Director, Strategic Partnerships – Seedooh – Australia
Chairman’s Advisor to the Global DOOH Council
- Philip Cohen/ President, CMN Holdings and former DSF Chairman
Mr. Richard Ventura, Vice President of Strategic Management for NEC Display Solutions, and DSF Chairman, said of the announcement of the council leadership “The shared insight of this group is necessary to grow opportunities for all parties involved in out-of-home advertising. The DSF membership will rely on this council for leadership and knowledge in the global DOOH ecosystem.”
The Digital Signage Federation Global Digital Out-of-Home Council leadership may call on the DSF membership for input and direction. Other members may be added to the council throughout the year.
About the Digital Signage Federation
DSF’s Mission is to support and promote the common business interests of the world-wide digital signage, interactive technologies and the digital out-of-home network industries. The DSF is a not-for-profit independent voice of the digital signage industry reflecting the diversity of its membership. It promotes professional recognition through certifications, continuing education, conferences, publications, and presentations offered by the DSF and affiliate groups. It provides government lobbying to leverage the collective strength of members and represent their interests at the higher levels of government and the community. The DSF provides leadership and networking opportunities focused on building a solid foundation for the advancement of the digital signage industry. For more information, visit www.digitalsignagefederation.org.