New Smart Home Controller Builds Voice, Touch, And Motion Control Into The Walls Of Your Home
Brilliant, an innovator in smart home experiences, today announced the greatly anticipated availability of its award-winning smart home control. Heralded as the “Whole-House Control Product of The Year” by The Consumer Technology Association, Brilliant makes interacting with smart home devices simple with controls that are easy for everyone to access and use directly from the walls of a home. Brilliant replaces any existing light switch to give touch and voice control over smart home devices—from lights, music, climate, locks, and doorbells to whatever comes next. With Amazon Alexa built in, Brilliant enables voice control in any room without the need for voice appliances.
Aaron Emigh, the CEO and co-founder of Brilliant, came up with the idea for Brilliant when he updated his home with the latest smart home products and found the resulting experience sorely lacking. There was no solution that tied all the smart home products into one simple, ubiquitous interface, so he set out to make his own.
“The promise of the smart home that simplifies your life has remained unfulfilled. We have been forced into an unnatural method of control by using our phones to control our houses,” said Emigh. “The smart home experience has been fragmented, and it has been difficult for friends and families to use the home. Brilliant is dedicated to elevating the smart home experience with effortless home control that is seamless, simple and accessible throughout the home for everyone.”
Amazon Alexa Built Right Into Your Wall
Amazon Alexa is built into Brilliant, so you can effortlessly control smart home devices using just your voice. Ask for anything and get a verbal and visual response directly from your wall.
“Brilliant is a powerful home control system that builds Alexa into the walls of your house,” said Pete Thompson, Vice President of the Alexa Voice Service. “We are excited to help Brilliant create a simpler, more convenient smart home experience for customers.”
- Turn dumb lights into smart lights. Turn any wall-controlled light into smart lighting controllable by touch, by mobile app, or by voice with Amazon Alexa.
- Smart, meet simple. Brilliant connects to your smart home products in just a few steps. Once you connect over WiFi, anyone in the home now has touch and voice control over a wide range of products including Nest, Philips Hue, Ecobee, Ring, and more.
- A match made in audio heaven. Brilliant can control the entire Sonos Home Sound System. With easy access right on the wall, everyone in the home can access and enjoy their favorite music effortlessly.
- Alexa in every room without the clutter. Brilliant brings Amazon Alexa to any room, enabling verbal and visual responses to requests. It’s the first Amazon Alexa compatible third-party device to offer visual responses directly in the wall of your house.
- Unite the home with the press of a button. Brilliant includes a microphone and camera with a privacy shutter. When installing two or more, Brilliant can be used to make announcements to the entire house or as a video intercom between specific rooms.
- Create a “scene” for every occasion. Activate custom experiences with a single tap or voice command to recall specific lighting, music, temperature, and other settings.
- Know who’s knocking. Connect Brilliant to Ring to see who’s at the door, and never miss a visitor or package.
- Adjust the temperature from any room. Connect Nest or other smart thermostats to Brilliant and quickly adjust the temperature with touch or voice control.
- Add your own personal touch. Upload family photos, art, or seasonal themes to complement your home’s sense of style and decor.
- Be Brilliant from anywhere. Not at home? Forgot to turn off a light? No problem. Brilliant has Android and iOS apps for remote control.
Installing Brilliant is as easy as installing a light switch and takes just minutes with no additional wiring, modifications, or remote servers required. Brilliant is designed to evolve with the home and adds support for new devices over the air. Currently, Brilliant works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Sonos, Nest, Ecobee, Honeywell, Ring, Philips Hue, and Wemo lights and smart plugs, and more are being added constantly. To connect smart locks, Z-Wave, or Zigbee products, Brilliant supports hubs such as Samsung SmartThings. Brilliant can also connect directly to bridge products from Philips Hue and others.
Pricing and Availability
Starting at $299, Brilliant comes in six colors to blend into any decor seamlessly. It is available to purchase at www.brilliant.tech.
Video: “All Together Now” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgocFKBjrc
Brilliant creates technology that unifies the home experience through simple and thoughtful interaction. Co-Founded by serial entrepreneur Aaron Emigh, Brilliant is comprised of experienced entrepreneurs and engineers from companies such as Apple, Philips, Sonos, Cisco, Jawbone, PayPal, Palm, and shopkick. Brilliant is based in San Mateo, California, and is funded by August Capital, Miramar Ventures, The Box Group, and other prominent investors.
For more information, visit www.brilliant.tech.