This episode is sponsored by Azione Unlimited
Host Katye McGregor Bennett is joined on this episode of AV Trade Talk by:
Gerry Lynch – Founder and Owner of System 7 (merged with Wolfers Lighting)
Jennette Kollman – Design Consultant at System 7 Wolfers Inc.
Richard Glikes – President at Azione Unlimited
Katye discusses the following with Gerry, Jennette and Richard:
- Jennette begins by talking about her layered approach to lighting the room (the “lasagna”)
- Gerry talks about the technology connection point, lighting control, and the opportunity for the integrator
- Gerry talks about integrators becoming a lighting knowledge resource for other trades (e.g. the architect, interior designer)
- Jennette talks about integrators being knowledgeable of lighting trends and fixtures
- Gerry talks more in-depth about lighting control – dimming and color tuning
- Richard talks about the integration sales perspective in terms of opportunities in lighting
- Jennette talks about lighting design and fixture installation for certain rooms in the home
- Jennette talks about the benefits for integrators working with lighting designers, and Wolfers lighting design services
- Jennette and Gerry talk about outdoor lighting
- Richard talks about lighting as a differentiator for dealers
- Gerry talks about human-centric lighting as an emerging category – design, engineering and fixtures
- Gerry talks about education, taking lighting classes at trade shows
- Jennette talks about understanding the layers of light and clients unde all of the options
- Richard closes the discussion talking about attending LightFair, working with multiple lighting designers, and opportunities into the future
AV Trade Talk is available on iTunes.
Download and subscribe here.