Next-Generation Moverio Smart Glasses offer new flexibility for users connecting a wearable display to an existing device
Designed for use with existing hardware devices, Epson, providers of the Moverio® augmented reality (AR) smart glasses platform, today launched the new Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses. Featuring an interface unit with HDMI® and USB Type-C ports to connect to popular output devices, the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses seamlessly blends digital content into the real world. The new smart glasses bring Epson’s optical expertise to an expanded audience for applications including enterprise drone piloting, remote field support, and visitor experience.
“Prior to the new Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses, Moverio products have been standalone, and have included an Android based controller unit,” said Leon Laroue, technical product manager, augmented reality solutions, Epson. “Developed from customer insights, the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses represents Epson’s first smart glasses that provide users with wider access to content that they want on a wearable display through existing output devices.”
The Moverio BT-35E functions as a wearable display for any standard HDMI (HDMI1.4) output device, as well as any USB Type-C output device supporting DisplayPort Alt Mode, eliminating the need to create or port new content to the Moverio platform.
Comfortably and durably designed for daily use, the Moverio BT-35E glasses allow users to keep their display in front of them as they carry out their tasks allowing for increased productivity. Offering an easy out-of-box experience, the Moverio BT-35E smart glasses provide easy plug-and-play operation with no special software required.
About the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses
The Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses come equipped with several new intuitive features, including:
- Transparent Si-OLED display: Highly transparent Si-OLED HD wearable display gives users a second-screen experience that seamlessly blends digital content into the outside world
- HDMI and USB Type-C Support: Compatible with popular HDMI 1.4 and USB Type-C output devices, including Android mobile devices1
- No External Power Required (USB Type-C): When used with a compatible USB Type-C output device, the interface does not require an external power source
- Dual (Binocular) Displays: Ideal for stereoscopic 3D content, each lens has its own display in the user’s field of vision
- ANSI Z87.1 Safety-Glass Compliant: ANSI certified protective shield allows glasses to be worn in a variety of commercial environments that require safety glasses
- HDCP 1.4 Support: HDCP 1.4 support for copyright protection enables access to protected content
Pricing and Availability
The Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses are available now for $899 (USD) through authorized Epson resellers and Epson.com.
For additional information on the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses visit: www.epson.com/moverio-hdmi-usb-c-augmented-reality-smart-glasses
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson visit epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.