New digital working walls give process-driven teams the shared space they need to deliver breakthrough results
Nureva Inc., an award-winning collaboration-solutions company, announces the release of its Nureva Wall WM408i system, with early units shipping in June and general availability in July. The WM408i combines a high-definition, ultra-short-throw projector with a projected capacitive multitouch surface to create an expansive interactive working space that supports a wide range of collaborative processes and activities. The tightly integrated system delivers an advanced multitouch experience in nearly any space, on almost any wall type and under almost any lighting condition. The new system also incorporates an automated start-up experience through presence detection. Walls from 7.5′ (2.29 m) to 60′ (18.29 m) wide can be installed in side-by-side or corner configurations to create workspaces tailored to individual customer needs. It also comes with Nureva Room Manager, which simplifies system setup and adjustments. The Nureva Wall is optimized for use with Span™ Workspace but can also be used with any Windows® application.
The WM408i system responds to customer demand for cost effective, large-scale digital workspaces that enable the transformation of existing paper-based collaborative processes such as lean, agile and design thinking. Unlike typical interactive displays, the Nureva Wall delivers the working space required to bring an existing analog process into the digital age without compromise. When the Nureva Wall is used with Span Workspace, team spaces with walls full of sticky notes are easily transformed into their digital equivalent without losing the feel of a practical working environment that is focused on process-driven productivity and creativity. Cloud-based Span service brings the added benefit of enabling real-time collaboration among team members from multiple locations and through virtually any device. Remote collaboration is further enhanced by adding the Nureva HDL300 audio conferencing system, which uses Microphone Mist™ technology to deliver a clear and natural audio experience.
“We have been very encouraged by the enthusiastic response to the Nureva Wall WM408i system and the growing volume of pre-orders we have received,” said Nancy Knowlton, Nureva’s CEO. “Early enterprise customers have been excited by the potential to digitally transform their collaborative processes without compromising the wall-based tools and techniques that are so critical to their success.”
System components and configurations
- The Nureva Wall WM408i system includes
- A solid-state illumination (SSI) 1080p ultra-short-throw projector, featuring 3600 lumens in a unique 17:9 aspect ratio with an expected life of 25,000 hours and integrated image alignment to support single and multisystem configurations
- A 7.5′ (2.29 m) wide (100″ diagonal) multitouch interactive surface, incorporating presence detection, a power on/off button and an interlocking feature to simplify multisystem installation
- Up to eight walls can be combined to create a 60′ (18.29 m) wide working space, with the most common configurations being two (15′ or 4.57 m) or three (22.5′ or 6.86 m) systems. Multiple walls can be installed side-by-side or in a corner.
Additional product details
- Minimal-width, low-profile bezel and flush-mount design mean the projection surface is unobtrusive in any space, creating a calm display that keeps the focus on the working session
- Projected capacitive touch technology allows up to 20 simultaneous touches and low-latency inking, to encourage more interaction and participation
- Advanced multitouch performance is maintained in virtually any space regardless of wall type, unevenness of wall surface, bright overhead lighting or reflected sunlight
- The Nureva Wall is optimized for use with Span Workspace and the Nureva HDL300 audio conferencing system, which are sold separately
- The system requires a customer-provided computer running Windows 8.1 or higher
Availability and pricing
The Nureva Wall is available through a global network of value-added dealers and distributors. The MSRP in the United States is $8,999. Prices in other countries will vary.
About Span Workspace
Available on a subscription basis, Span Workspace offers an expansive (up to 200′ or 60.96 m) cloud-based canvas for creative collaboration. Users can create, share and edit ideas and information on their personal devices. They can also contribute and interact with content directly on a Nureva Wall or any interactive display. By drawing upon familiar tools, including sticky notes, sketches, images and flip charts, teams can make the shift from a paper to digital collaboration experience without compromising their proven processes. For more information, visit the Span software page on Nureva’s website.
Nureva Inc. is a multiple award-winning private company that imagines and builds solutions for tapping the creative and problem-solving potential of diverse teams around the globe. For businesses, that means enabling the group creative processes that are used to solve problems and develop breakthrough ideas that drive organizational advantage. In education, it means enabling the student-led, collaborative activities that deepen learning and equip students with the skills required for future success. A passion for deep customer understanding and a commitment to innovation drive the company’s product road map. For more information, visit Nureva’s website.