This episode is sponsored by Bluescape
Join host Corey Moss he welcomes his guests:
Kenneth Williams – Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer at ETC – Entertainment Technology Center @ USC
Peter Jackson – Chief Executive Officer at Bluescape
Ken Williams, Peter Jackson
Entertainment Technology Center at the University of Southern California (ETC @ USC) is a think tank and research center that brings together senior executives, innovators, thought leaders, and catalysts from the entertainment, consumer electronics, technology, and services industries along with the academic resources of the University of Southern California to explore and to act upon topics and issues related to the creation, distribution, and consumption of entertainment content.
Bluescape is a visual collaborative workspace designed to elevate your work. It empowers you to Create, Collaborate, and Innovate across your entire enterprise. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a cloud-based, software as a service company based in Silicon Valley, CA and owned by Haworth Inc., a privately owned, +$2B leading provider of workplace design, products, and technology solutions.
To begin, Ken provides an overview of ETC – Entertainment Technology Center @ USC and what they do, the organization’s mission, and the services they offer their members.
Next, Ken and Peter discuss what is driving the way Entertainment & Media (E&M) companies are using emerging technology in their craft today:
- What are the challenges E&M companies are trying to solve?
- How has content creation changed and distributed?
- How has consumers’ consumption and experience of content changed?
- What are the top disruptive changes happening in the industry?
- Where is the use of technology with this industry heading towards?
Next is discussion about what has changed in the design, creative and production process as it relates to workstreams, collaboration, data and more (certain major studios are mentioned):
- The convergence of collaboration across teams: production, marketing and distribution
- Why is the integration of dispersed teams needed in workstreams?
- Provide several examples of technology and team’s use to do their jobs better
- What’s working in the ways teams collaborate?
- What advantages or benefits are E & M companies seeing through better creation, sharing and production of content and collaboration?
Finally Ken talks about ETC work as he shares:
- An overview of the ‘Wonder Buffalo’ short film project
- Key learnings and outcomes focused on next gen technology exploration short film (Peter adds here too)
- What’s next for ETC, as well as new programs
Convergent Tech Talk is on iTunes.
Download and subscribe here.