The Technology & Business Summit, an education and networking event hosted by independent manufacturers’ rep firms in the home technology industry, continues to expand its presence. Adding dates in New York and New Jersey to its Fall 2017 schedule in addition to events earlier this year in Texas, Southern California and Florida, the Summit supports technology integration professionals. The event provides the opportunity for AV integrators and installers to truly get to know their regional manufacturers’ rep firms in an intimate setting while taking advantage of educational opportunities that can yield increased profits for those who attend and implement what was learned.
The Technology & Business Summit 2017 consisted of the following events:
- Houston, TX & Dallas, TX – April
- Los Angeles, CA & Irvine, CA – May
- Fort Lauderdale / Coral Springs, FL & Tampa, FL – May
- NEW: Long Island, NY – October 3
- NEW: East Rutherford, NJ – October 5 – Special Venue MetLife Stadium
- NEW: Atlanta area, GA – November (Date TBD)
Independent Manufacturers’ Reps Collaborate to Support Their Dealers
The Tech Summit is largely driven by the collaborative efforts of multiple Independent Manufacturer Rep Firms in each territory. This year’s hosting rep firms are:
- NY/NJ: Atlantic Integrated, Bach Sales, Big Apple Technology, DMC Enterprises, DSG Metro, J&G Audio Sales, NY Marketing Team, Sapphire Marketing, Specialty Sound & Vision, Thea AV, (Others to be confirmed)
- Texas: Bell & McCoy, Dobbs Stanford, Elite 3 Pro, Integral Marketing Associates, Lucas Sales, Marketing Concepts, Momentum Sales, Sage Solutions, Summit Sales
- Southern California: AV Partners, ByDesign Vision & Sound, Calwest Marketing, I Rep Green, Morris Tait Associates, Paul Collins Group, ProWest Sales, Studio Décor, Sutherland AV Marketing
- Florida: AMI Sales, C&E Marketing, Higher Fidelity, High Note Sales, LK & Associates, LP Hench Company, Orion Integrated Systems
Technology & Business Summits feature an exhibitor showcase with typically nearly 100 different brands on table top displays and skilled factory staff who are present to answer questions and demonstrate products. “Our talented manufacturers’ reps drive the Tech Summit and it is rewarding to see the collaboration, as well as growing dealer participation,” says event founder Mark Cichowski. “Exhibitors see the value in the events and have asked us to expand into more territories. We are proud to bring the Tech Summit into cornerstone markets such as NY/NJ in October, and Texas earlier this year. We are doing something different for a venue in New Jersey and are excited to be holding the Tech Summit at MetLife Stadium, home of the NY Giants and NY Jets. We work to continually evolve the event wherever we can.”
Attendees and exhibitors enjoy a networking lunch within the venue, giving them even more face-to-face time with representatives, and the opportunity to spend the entire day at the event.
CEDIA Partnership Helps Deliver Excellent Education Opportunities
The approachable, hands-on displays and the Technology & Business Summit’s brand-agnostic, education-focused format provides valuable tools for dealers who attend. The Tech Summit is proud to have CEDIA as an ongoing education partner, enabling cutting-edge seminars from top presenters. Seminars for 2017 include:
- Service Plans Are Easy, Execution Is Hard – Joseph Kolchinsky, One Vision Resources
- Make Quickbooks Work For You – Susan Sipe, Salez Toolz
- The Evolution of HDMI & The Future Of Fiber – Eric Bodley, Future Ready Solutions
- Next Generation Networking – Michael Maniscalco, Ihiji
Keynote by Amazon’s Dan Quigley
New this year, Dan Quigley, Principal Technical Product Manager for Alexa Whole Home at Amazon, presented at the Tech Summit’s first-ever keynote address at each event: Building a Smarter Home with Alexa. Dan will be presenting in NY/NJ as well. In his keynote, Quigley demonstrates how advancements in speech recognition not only create new, user-friendly experiences for customers, but provide additional profit avenues for integrators who design, install, and service smart home systems.
“Dan’s Keynote at the Tech Summit this year drew amazing crowds, some standing room only. His cutting-edge content was right on target and broadened the understanding of voice control not only now, but what is coming in the future. He exposed opportunities for dealers to grow their business in ways that they may not have already thought of,” says Cichowski. “Dan’s in-depth, insider knowledge totally fit the bill.”
“When it comes to DIY and voice control, no single entity brings up a more controversial conversation than Amazon Alexa, the AI system embedded in Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Dot technology. The technology is disrupting so many areas; we can barely get our minds around all the facets that affect our industry. But one thing is certain: Once they embrace it, dealers can learn how to profit from it,” says Frank White, an integral part of the team at Integrator Network, the company that organizes and manages the Tech Summit.
For More Information
To learn more about the Technology & Business Summit in NY/NJ, or to register, visit: www.techsummitnynj.com
About the Technology & Business Summit
The Technology & Business Summit is a cooperative effort between multiple Independent Manufacturer Rep Firms based in various territories. It is a business development event to benefit integrators and exhibitors of all sizes. www.techsummitevents.com