By Convergent AV
In June, Lifesize announced their newly designed app and invitational beta for select testers within the Lifesize community. Recently, the company announced that they are opening the beta to all customers and partners, even those who are new to Lifesize.
A few key changes:
Quick Access to Recents and Favorites
See a list of recently missed calls or attended meetings and click to re-launch instantly. Users can also flag a contact, meeting or room system as a favorite for quick access from the home page.
Users can quickly search and find contacts, room systems and meetings from anywhere in the application with the new global search with smart matching.
Users will see an alphabetized, filterable contact list with status presence and favorites and can place a video or audio call, chat, schedule a meeting and click on a name to view the contact card. Room Systems, Contacts and Meetings (virtual meeting rooms) have been separated into their own directories.
- Dual streaming of the presentation and participants
- Users can add participants to a call from their directory
- Guests and participants can view meeting details in a call
- While in an active meeting or call, users can chat outside of the meeting or schedule another meeting
- More powerful moderator controls to mute all or individual participants or end the call for all or individual participants
- Users can see a list of all meeting participants and who is actively sharing a presentation or screen
Lifesize received feedback from numerous users who tested the new apps, including Andrew W. Davis, Sr. Analyst and Partner at Wainhouse Research in his blog InfoComm 2017: Observations from a Weary Warrior:
“As you can imagine, I’ve used dozens of UIs over the years, but none are as intuitive in my humble opinion as the latest version from Lifesize,” Davis said.
You can go here to get started.